In the strength of the Holy Spirit, we honor God, grow in Christ, relate in love, serve each other, and connect with the community.
A well trained and prepared people of God that will promote a unified effort in proclaiming the truth of the exalted Christ while focusing on the moral, spiritual, and social well-being of each individual and family member.
The core values of Mesa Christian Fellowship are to be a Church:
* Which recognizes that lost people matter to God.
* Where the hurting, the hopeless, the discouraged, the depressed, the frustrated, the lost and the confused can find love, acceptance, guidance, and encouragement.
* Where the Good News of Jesus Christ is shared with all people.
* Where a Christian is to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ
* Where God’s people apply God’s teachings daily as found in His Holy Word.
* Where Christians are authentic in their relationships.
* Where God’s people are known for striving in their daily lives to be Christ-like as they interact with others.
* Which recognizes the Bible is culturally relevant and is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living.
* Which recognizes that excellence honors God and strives to reflect God’s character in all we do.
* Where people use their spiritual gifts to the glory of God and work as a team.
* Where everyone has an opportunity to belong to a small group that nourishes their Christian walk, welcomes new members, and mentors those who are seeking the Lord.
Statement of Beliefs
Scripture – The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to man.
God – There is one and only one living and true God. He is an intelligent, spiritual, and personal Being, the Creator, Redeemer, Preserver, and Ruler of the Universe.
God the Son Jesus Christ – Jesus Christ is God incarnate. In His incarnation as Jesus Christ, He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. By His sacrificial death and resurrection, He made provisions for the restoration of man with God.
God the Holy Spirit – The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit inspired the writing of the Scriptures; enables man to understand truth; exalts Christ; convicts; calls man to the Savior; bestows spiritual gifts; and cultivates Christian character. His presence in the Christian gives comfort and assurance of God’s eternal promises.
Man – Man was created by the special act of God in His own image and is the crowning work of His creation. Man’s disobedience towards God is called sin. Sin separated man from God. This separation can only be restored by faith in Jesus Christ’s sacrificial death for our debt of sin.
Salvation – Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
Grace – Grace is God’s glorious display of His Sovereign goodness. Through His grace God regenerates, sanctifies and glorifies sinners. It excludes boasting and promotes humility.
The Church – A New Testament church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers. The New Testament also speaks of the church as the body of Christ, which includes all of the redeemed of all ages.
Baptism and The Lord’s Supper – Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer’s faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior.
The Lord’s Supper is a symbolic act of obedience which baptized believers, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
The Family – God has ordained the family as the foundational institution of human society.
Heaven – The redeemed in their resurrected and glorified bodies will dwell forever in Heaven with the Lord.
Hell – The unrighteous will be consigned to Hell, the place of eternal separation from God.